Saturday, August 25, 2007

An uneventful day

The 24th was a rather uneventful day. Seeing as it's now technically the 25th, I can simply leave it at that and not elaborate. It was just boring. Nothing of any importance or interest happened.

Well, today, the 25th, after I write this blog and sleep for a few hours, I shall be going down the St. Pete Times Forum (the Ice Palace sounded so much better). There they are having Icefest 2007 and will be unveiling the Tampa Bay Lightning's (and NHL team for my Swedish pal) new logo and jersey. It should be pretty awesome. I'm hoping they didn't go overboard and screw it up, but really, how much can you do with the "Lightning" as your mascot?

A bunch of players will be there, too, signing autographs. I have a Lightning jersey with most of the signatures on it, but I still need people like Vaclav Prospal, Johan Holmqvist, Marc Denis, and Filip Kuba. There are a few others I need, too, that will be there.

It'll be nice to get out of the house for a bit. They'll have food there, too, which is nice, even though you have to pay for it. But $1 for hotdogs/hamburgers and $1 for drinks isn't bad at all. It'll be worth it to get a quick (and fairly good tasting) meal while we wait for the unveiling.

There's also going to be a Q and A session with the head coach, but I'm not really interested in that. It'll be the same questions that are always asked, I'm sure.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Daddy Cool said...

Will there be ice there aswell?? If so...a glorious opportunity of cooling down buddy.
Strip naked and lay down on the ice...oh, and make sure to take pictures and post them here ;)

What a sight :)

Mark N said...

haha No ice, unfortunately. I'll try to take pictures, though. If I remember my camera. Not pictures of me naked, though. lol