Saturday, August 18, 2007

Part Two


As to not make the original post 17 and a half pages long, I decided to break things up into two parts. Quite considerate of me, eh? I thought so. Consider it my Christmas gift to you because you're certainly not going to be getting anything else from me. Ingrates!

So obviously the first thing that catches your eye is the Swedish flag above my post. Why a Swedish flag? I'm as American as they get! True enough, however, despite my American nature, I despise English/American music! Ergo, I listen to Swedish music. Quite simple. "But why don't you listen to American music?" Because everything written this day and age by English/American writers is about sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and frankly, I don't care about any of them and I don't want to hear about it. The case is probably true with Swedish artists, but there's a catch. I don't speak Swedish, so I don't know what they are saying. Therefore, I am not corrupted by their messages of death, doom, and destruction.

Okay, okay. That's not the only reason I listen to Swedish, but it is a big factor. I also listen to Swedish music because I once heard a Swedish song by the name of Den Döda Vinkeln. It's an awesome song and I love it. Perhaps my favorite of Swedish songs that I have. Anyway, from that point on, I was hooked! It's actually the first song I learned to sing in Swedish. Although I don't speak it fluently and certainly don't know what any of it means, I can still sing it and quite well, actually. It's pretty sad when an American can sing better in a foreign language than he can in his native tongue.

The other reason is because I have a friend who lives in Sweden. He is Janne. He is cool. He is a daddy. He is Daddy Cool. I met him a couple years ago (I think? Time flies.) while playing one of my video games. We kind of became instant friends, even though we spent most of the time shooting at each other or stabbing one another with knives. I won most of the time. I lost contact with him for quite some time. It was inevitable, I suppose, seeing as he's a carpenter and is very busy. The fact that he's 6 hours ahead of me doesn't help either. Anyway, I just got back in touch with him a few days ago. He has a blogger page, so I thought I'd join, too, and subject you all to the ramblings within my head.

So that's why there's a Swedish flag up there, and that's all there is about me. For now.

1 comment:

Daddy Cool said...

Hehe...I´m back in business buddy. And hell yeah I consider you a good friend...though I WILL shoot you to pieces next time I see you in game ;)
Take care my american friend :)