Thursday, August 23, 2007

A day in the life of.... me.



[For the networking impaired, the above picture says "There's no place like home." 127.0.0.1 is the IP (Internet Protocol) address for your personal computer.]

It's 1:05am and I'm watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Funny, funny man. I can't wait until he replaces Jay Leno.

I woke up this morning, er rather yesterday morning if you really want to get technical about time, at 7:30am. I was not pleased with this fact, but I was informed the night before that the bug man (the man who sprays around the house to kill bugs and keep them away) was paying us a visit. Okay. That's fine. The problem is that I'm never told about these things until the night before and my room is usually a mess. I had to scramble to get things looking respectable before he got here. I accomplished my mission, but much to my dismay, the man only walked in, sprayed a little in the corner, and walked back out. All of my hard work for nothing. He didn't seem to care that I had just spent an hour cleaning up for him. Ingrate!

While he sprayed, I groggily wandered out to the kitchen and plopped down at the counter. I read the comics (Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy are my two favorites) and then attempted to do the crossword puzzle, which ended with me feeling like a complete idiot and throwing the pen in a fit of rage. Had I kept the pen, I could have written a strongly-worded letter to the crossword puzzle maker and tell him to stop making the clues so stupid and the answers so hard.

Somehow I wound up back in my room. How, I'm not sure, but as I was still tired from waking up early, I'm sure I was sleep walking. I hope anyway. I have a lot of unexplained black outs in my memory that need explaining otherwise.

I checked my email, nope, no one loves me. I checked my blog, 1 comment from a trusty Swede (1 has now turned to three! Hurrah! I guess. 3? That IS kind of pathetic, though.). I really can't remember what I did after that. I probably putzed around the interweb for a while. The next thing I remember are screaming children walking into my house. Hm. Yup. Had to be the nephews. For the fourth time this week. It's as if they have no home!

I'm not a kid person.

It was another burning hot day, but at least we didn't set a record today. That's a plus, eh? Gotta look at the bright side every once in a while. It was a nice day for a swim, though, so I went for a few minutes. Swimming is okay, but when the water isn't much cooler than the outside temperature and there is no one else swimming, it gets kind of boring. I amused myself by throwing a penny into the deep end and trying to find it.

Lunch came in the form of.... toast. Yup. Toast with peanut butter. Not entirely healthy, sure, but I got protein at least. Another bright point! I wasn't really in the mood for anything else.

I played some Guild Wars for a while. Yes, I play Guild Wars. A fun game, and free. Unlike that World of Warcraft nonsense where you have to buy the game, then pay on top of that to play it. No thanks. I'll take my one time fee only deal.

I had a 45 minute conversation with my ex-girlfriend, which was simply an amazing experience. It was good to just talk. It had nothing to do with "us," but it was still an opportunity to talk and I'll take those opportunities any time they come. As written in my profile, I am begrudgingly single. I love my ex with all of my heart and still have a glimmer hope that someday we will get back together. To you, you know who you are, I am always here for you.

Well, it's now 1:26am and Beck (something not Swedish!) is blasting through my headphones, meaning my playlist is coming to a close and it's time to go to bed.

Goodbye, all! Or in Swedish, hejdå!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. The nephew visits will be much less frequent starting Sunday. The competition will be over Saturday night.

Daddy Cool said...

Tjena kompis (hello buddy that is)...I am stunned...lost of words...confused and slightly thrown off a speeding horse...or something.
Your ex is still a ex though she knows you love here???
Ex girlfriend...c´mon, there´s no better catch out there...go marry Mark for crying out loud :)
There...always listen to Daddy.

Daddy Cool said...

Umm...love here??? Sorry...I meant love her...there...stupid english language thingie ;)