Thursday, August 30, 2007

My backyard



A continuation of posting despite the fact that I really have nothing worthwhile to say.

That is my backyard. Well, part of it anyway. It was a somewhat pretty day, despite the fact that it was once again (let's all say it at once here) hot. I thought it was a good picture. A few dark clouds, but it didn't rain. They moved past us fairly quickly. That is our shed there. I painted it a few years ago. Not bad, eh? I'm handy with a brush when I need to be.... or am getting paid to be! That's even better.

Yes, that's a pool off to the bottom right. Quite useful during the summertime, though not nearly as refreshing as the lake Janne (Daddy Cool) posted a picture of in his blog, if any of my 3 readers have ventured over to his page.

Not in the picture is a massive maple tree we have on the other side of the pool that provides a lot of shade during the summer, but then sheds its leaves into the pool every fall. You take the good with the bad. We started out with 13? trees when we moved here 23 years ago, but now we are down to 3. We've been busy! There is still a stump out there that is unwilling to unroot itself, no matter how hard I try. Axes and saws don't work. Dynamite, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shed looks very nice.

Daddy Cool said...

Nice shed indeed...as for the stump - Nuke it...that should do the trick ;)

Anonymous said...

cyvgdh9x8

My website :: quick loans today