Friday, October 26, 2007

My trip


I suppose it's time to stop being anti-social and post something. I recently took a trip to Maryland, so I suppose I'll write about that.

I left Thursday the 18th and arrived at night. It's a two hour drive from the airport to the house I was staying at, and we kind of got lost on the way there, so we didn't arrive until around 11pm or so. I was so tired. I'm not a great fan of flying because it gives me a nasty headache most of the time, so being tired AND having a headache didn't make the first night too enjoyable.

Friday rolled around and I wasn't feeling much better, but fortunately, it was raining pretty much all day, so I could just relax and sleep the day away. In the evening when I was feeling a little better, we attended a little walk through thing called "The Ghosts of Sotterly" (I think I misspelled the name). It was kind of like walking through a bad high school play, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. It was somewhat interesting. We followed a guide and took stops around the little town. They had people dressed up like ghosts who would share little bits of history about the place.

Saturday was a long day. I had to wake up early because we were going to head to Washington DC, but our ride wound up being a couple hours late. I don't blame her. It WAS a little too early to be doing things. Anyway, we took off for DC and wound up arriving around noon or so. It was very dark and cloudy in some spots, but it never rained. We saw the Washington Memorial, the Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Reflecting Pool, the Vietnam Wall, the White House, and the Museum of Natural History. All were quite cool, but the Reflecting Pool looked awful. Green and moldy and covered in geese poo.

Sunday was slow. We went to church in the morning and then stopped at a few places around town before heading back to the house and relaxing.

Monday was very long. I woke up early, took the two hour ride back to the airport, waited another hour, took the two hour (and delayed) flight back to the Florida, then spent another hour+ getting back home. Then I had to head to bed so I could get up early and back at work the next morning. No fun!

That was my trip. I know I didn't get too much into detail, but I will later should time permit and should I feel like sharing.

2 comments:

Daddy Cool said...

1st...sorry for beeing a no show here my friend...I have been working my butt off lately.

Too darn tired in the evenings to do anything at all.

2nd...new job huh....YAY...congrats buddy :)

See ya around buddy :)

Big Nice Guy said...

Awesome...I want to go next time. Haven't been to DC before. Or Maryland for that matter.