Wednesday, October 10, 2007

*gasp!*


*gasp*

*shock and awe*

What the deuce?

Someone actually reads what I have to say! It's amazing! Truly so! There is hope in the world once again. The dark cloud over my blog has been pushed aside and sunlight can once again warm the ground beneath. Oh happy day! Or something to that effect. Believe it or not, that wasn't sarcasm (which is another shock). That all being said. Greetings to my extra reader. I shall try a bit harder now not make a complete idiot of myself, but I can promise nothing.

Right now I'm watching an NHL game in the beautiful clarity of Hi Definition. Is there any other way to watch it? No, I think not. Well, I guess there is, but is that really watching it? Is it really enjoying everything the game has to offer? Never! Right now it's the Tampa Bay Lightning vs the Florida Panthers. I hate the Panthers with a passion, but I suppose intra-state rivalries are fun to watch. (Or so the NHL has told me.) The schedule of the games will never cease to baffle me. Why on earth would I want to see my own bloody division teams 32 times out of 82? Where's the fun in that? I want to see the other teams, too, you know. *sigh* I suppose I should be happy to see any hockey. Some countries don't have the liberty of seeing them. Or some countries don't have them air until quite late at night. Blasted time zones.

Anyway, I guess I'll rant on the NHL. Actually, I really have just one question. Why do you keep screwing goalies? Why do you keep punishing goalies for being good? The basis of my question comes from the fact that the NHL keeps saying it wants more goal scoring and it will do what it needs to to get it. Why? Why punish goalies? Goal scoring is down because goalies are getting better! I mean, why not let baseball players hit the ball off of a tee because the pitchers pitch too fast? It's the same thing. Why punish goalies for being good at what they do by making them wear smaller pads and trying to increase the size of the nets? It's stupid. I'd rather see a hard fought 1-0 game than a 9-8 circus show.

Speaking of circus shows, I guess it's time to address fighting in the league. To put it bluntly, it's part of hockey. You may think it's dumb and want it gone and think it's nothing more than a circus for goons and thugs, but the fact of the matter is, it's a part of hockey. Deal with it. When you're playing such a fast paced, hard fought game, tensions get high. Someone hits your teammate, you stick up for him. Need someone to put a spark under your team? Punch someone. It's a morale booster not only for the team, but for the fans of the team. MOST people don't have a problem with fighting. To those who don't like it, why are you making such a fuss about it? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't such sit there and complain about it. Really.

Oh, well. There's nothing I can do about either one except complain about the idiots that ruin the game or rather, the enjoyment of the game. People who whine about fighting and lack of goal scoring are almost as bad as the drunk guy who sits behind you at the arena yelling obscenities about situations he knows nothing about.

Deal with it, people.

Anyway, that was fun! I haven't had a good rant in a while and a recent comment made me decide that hockey just might be a good subject to post something about.

Something else to rant about... when the heck does the new Kent album come out?! Not that I can get it, seeing as I'm not Swedish, I don't live in Sweden, and the bloody US has something against putting Swedish music on their store shelves, but it would be nice to know if it was out. Maybe I'll find a way to get it someday... legally or illegally. Either way works for me. (Okay, so the US doesn't have any issues with putting foreign music on the shelf, but they don't carry Kent music.) I want it!

That's all for now. I'll post the lyrics of the song I'm listening to here in a second.

(For anyone wondering about the duck... I have no clue. Just a random picture I had on my hard drive.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could light up your day!

Concerning NHL, yes, those poor goalies. But they seem to cope pretty well. Those smaller pads might just have made them even quicker and more determined to show those decision makers that they'll have a tough job in front of them. But I must admit that I like seeing more great goals, even though I feel sorry for the goalies!

The new Kent album will be out in six days, October 17th. It's too bad you won't be able to get a hold of one. What do you think of the new single Ingenting though?

/Dufva

Mark N said...

I, too, would like to see more scoring, too, but not at the expense of the goalies. If the players got better and scored despite the great goalies, then I'm all for it.

I just got a hold of Ingenting today, actually, through.. *ahem*... less than legal practices. lol I quite enjoyed it, but it seems to have a sound different than most of what Kent puts out. I don't know.

The important thing is, I liked it. Now to get a hold of the lyrics. Do you know how hard it is to track down Swedish lyrics on English sites?? It just reinforces my need to learn Swedish.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm quite surprised by their new extended use of synthesizers, but I kind of like the song anyway too. Can't wait for the album. If you would like to see the video you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhDR-ks6vI

And here's the lyrics for you (found at Kent's official website):

I Hagnesta Hill
blinkar tv-ljusen
Jag gör vad jag kan
Drömmer mig bort
I Hagnesta Hill
bland de identiska husen
Rycker vi till
Reklamen avbryts för sport

Ingenting
Först kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
men ingenting är (ingenting, inget, inget)
Dom jävlarna tog oss
en efter en
Dom ljög och bedrog oss
med sanningen
Dom jävlarna tog min älskling där
Från krönet av kullen kan jag se
min förlorade värld

Jag ska göra nånting
Jag ska slå er med häpnad
Gå över en gräns
Jag ska bryta mig ut
Jag älskar dig så
som att vara beväpnad
Och under belägring kan jag skjuta dig ut

Ingenting
Först kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
men ingenting är (ingenting, inget, inget)
Dom jävlarna tog oss
en efter en
Dom ljög och bedrog oss
med sanningen
Dom jävlarna tog min älskling där
Från krönet av kullen kan jag se
min förlorade värld

Ingenting
Först kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
Sen kom ingenting
men ingenting är (ingenting, inget, inget)
Dom jävlarna tog oss
en efter en
Dom ljög och bedrog oss
med sanningen
Dom jävlarna tog min älskling där
Från krönet av kullen kan jag se
min förlorade värld

Mark N said...

Wow. Another big thanks to you. I feel bad. All this giving to me and I can do nothing to repay you for your kindness. Except try to entertain you. I shall try my best.

I've been to Kent's official website, but as it's in Swedish, I have difficulty getting around finding what I want. Sometimes I get lucky and spot words that I do know, but most of the time, I just get distracted by all the little å's and ö's. You Swedes and your fancy little dots and circles.