Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy October!

Sadly, I have not written in... *gasp*... a week?! Okay, so it's not my fault. Nothing worth writing about ever happens around here! It IS, however, already October. I leave for Maryland in 18 days. I can't wait. Despite the fact that I've been unemployed going on 7 months now, it'll be my first vacation in 3 years. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to getting out of Florida for a few days.

October: a time of changes in the weather, a time of leaves turning all shades of browns, reds, and oranges, a time when you start preparing yourself for the end of the year (which WILL be here before you know it). It is a happy time. In your state.

Not in Florida! 90+ degrees outside. Our leaves are turning brown, but it ain't because it's fall. They are dying from the drought we are going through and because they are being burnt to a crisp by the scorching heat! BAH! I want seasons! Hot, hotter, and hottest do not make seasons. They make one long continuous "summer."

Poo on you, Mother Nature. Poo on you.

1 comment:

Daddy Cool said...

Bah...never ending summer and still you complain??
That must be better than -30 degrees celsius 5 months a year...not quite true but what the hell ;)
But seasons is cool...I´ll agree to that my friend...but I surely would like the summers to be a bit longer though.