Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving, but I probably won't bother to write anything tomorrow, so I'll get it out of the way now. Happy Freaking Turkey Day! ...or something like that.

I despise turkey. Ugh, it's awful. Doesn't matter who makes it or how big the turkey was before it got shot, beheaded, de-feathered, and stuffed with... stuffing. It's awful. It's so horribly dry. It's hard to chew and it has no taste whatsoever. It's like gnawing on your shoe. For a long time, I was forced to eat this junk, but fortunately, now that I'm much older, I finally have a bloody choice. My choice? Anything else. I might have some ham and mashed potatoes or something. I'm not a big fan of ham (or any meat for that matter, save for shrimp), but it's a lot better than turkey. There's only a handful of things I hate more than turkey and roast beef ranks high on my list. That's a whole 'nother ordeal.

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to work. Had a slow moment for once and decided to write something.

Happy Thanksgiving to America. Well, Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand you not liking turkey because it's dry, but not liking it for a lack of flavor, that's harder to understand coming from the guy who eats nothing but bland food.
Happy Stinkin' Dry Turkey Day to you, too! No post tomorrow? You're not going to compose an essay on all the things in this life for which you are thankful for or give us a depressing speech on how the Pilgrims fled religious persecution to a free land where the Native Americans helped them survive and celebrate a bountiful harvest, and in return, the Pilgrims diseased and persecuted them? Hmm...So much to write about and you'll probably deprive us from having a post. Bummer.

Mark N said...

Well, that was awfully dark. I think you covered my next post for me. Saves me 5 minutes. For that, I'm thankful.

Ugh. Turkey. There's no amount of ranting that I can do on turkey that can adequately explain just how I feel about it.

Daddy Cool said...

Turkey....umm...here in Sweden we do not have a Happy Thanks Turkey Day...Thank You God Day I say...I´m with you Mark...the best thing to do with a turkey is to mock them for their ugly appearance...gotta be the only amusing thing about turkeys ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't really know what turkey tastes like and I've never seen one either...But if you say they're awful in so many ways I'm glad I'm missing out on it!