Monday, November 19, 2007

Busy, busy, busy.


Geez. Work takes time! Time I usually take to write something important. How dare it. How dare it cut into "me" time. Hmpf.

Sorry, people. I've been quite busy of late, as you just read. Working and playing games. I did leave out the latter part, didn't I? I've been really getting back into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I love the game and it runs so beautifully on my system. For that matter, every game runs beautifully on my system. I played for a long time a while back and beat it several times with several different characters, but I took a break in favor of Guild Wars. I did what I set out to do in Guild Wars and now I have left it behind, more or less, in favor of Oblivion.

I currently have a level 32 Imperial ninja/warrior that I'm puttering around with. I call him a ninja warrior because in stealth mode, I've got a constant 85% chameleon effect going on and stand directly in front of someone or run all around them and they can't see me. I'll jump into an Oblivion portal, stay in crouch mode, and steal the sigil at the end, closing the gate, all without being seen or even drawing my sword. Hah. It's almost too easy.

He's also a warrior because I have my blade and heavy armor skills maxed out and I have full daedric armor which makes me a tank among fluffy bunnies. I can kill most daedra in a single strike while in sneak mode with my trusty Goldbrand. Most things fall to me in a single swoop.

I rock. I used to have a level 39 Argonian ninja/warrior way back when, but an issue that caused me to have to reformat my harddrive made me lose the save games. Starting over wasn't so bad, though. I loved doing all of the guild quests again. Once again, I am the guild leader of every guild. The Dark Brotherhood is the first one I go after. There's nothing cooler than the Black Hand robes and murdering people. Then I do the Mages Guild because it's a fun series of quests after you get the reccomendations (which can be a pain), followed by either the Thieves Guild or Fighter's Guild, just depending on my mood and if I feel like playing the ninja side of things or warrior side of things. I wind up doing them all, though.

Anyway, maybe I'll get a screenshot of my character sometime soon and post it. For now, though, all you get is the Oblivion logo.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Daddy Cool said...

Never played that game...I´m more of a shoot and blow shit up kind of guy ;)

Mark N said...

Maybe you should play it. It's how I got so good at knifing you. ;)