Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's Sunday!

Just thought I'd let you know that. Quite considerate of me, I know.

Once again, I have nothing much to say. I survived the layoffs at work and still have my job. I can't say the same for the 60 or so people (17% of the total corporate staff) who saw their positions eliminated. I know the feeling. I was laid off, along with 600 other people, when I worked for the US Postal Service. It's irritating.

I got a new picture for my driver's license on Friday. I should have had it done years ago, but always put it off. The original picture was more than 9 ears old and didn't look anything like me anymore. I even got grief at the airport when the person who checks tickets and ID's didn't believe it was me.

I also got stung by a bee. On my hand. And it hurts. Badly. The original sting doesn't hurt. That was only slightly annoying for about 10 seconds when it first happened. When I woke up Saturday morning, though, I could bend my index finger and the area between my index finger and thumb was red. Apparently I didn't suck the stinger out. Thought I had. It still hurts a bit, but should be fine in the morning.

My mother bought a new laptop. It's awesome. It's Windows Vista and is a better system overall (save for the graphics card) than my desktop. Bigger harddrive, faster, same amout of RAM, but everything is so new and pretty and it works faster. It's wonderful.

Apparently I did have stuff to say. That's all, though.

Hej då.

2 comments:

Daddy Cool said...

Aaaaww...Mark is hurting...damn that bee.

If I ever see that particular bee anywhere near me....I will beat him silly just for you Mark ;)

Mark N said...

Actually, bees die after stinging something/someone. Their guts are attached to their stinger, so when they sting someone, their stinger stays in the victim and their insides go with it.

Random fact of the day. :P