Monday, September 10, 2007

Battlefield greatness!


Last night was quite fun. I finally got a chance to play with Janne for the first time in over a year. He sent me an email yesterday asking me if I wanted to join him and his group of friends for a few games of Battlefield 2. I accepted the offer as soon as I got the email, of course! What better way to spend a lazy afternoon than crushing your foes and teaching them who's boss?

For those that don't know what Battlefield 2 is, it's a capture the flag style video game. Two armies (in this case, the US and the MEC - Mid Eastern Coalition) fight each other to gain and keep control of flags spread out across the battlefield. It's a really fun game because you can pick from 7 classes. Support, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Assault, Recon, and Anti-Tank. I normally play as a medic. It's pretty fun and you can usually rack up a ton of points. They have a great machine gun and can heal themselves if they aren't cut down in the initial firefight.

Anyway, I did quite well last night, posting scores of 203, 78, and 158 in three rounds respectively. Those are very good for BF2. It's pretty amazing for me, too, since I hadn't played the game in quite some time and thought I would be a lot rustier than I was. Of course, having a good team helped, even though most of them didn't understand the concept of reviving wounded teammates. Oh well. Some people are like that. Run and gun, leave every man behind. I normally run out into the middle of a street to revive a teammate even if it means I get killed in the process. It's an easy 2 points and there's always the chance you and the man you saved can escape.

I love the game. Nothing better than modern combat between the US and those heathen terrorists. Of course, half the time you're playing as the terrorists. Or communists. I like the maps where you play against the Chinese army. More color in the maps. Everything isn't just brown and yellow.

Anyway, that was last night. It was a blast and I hope to do it again quite soon. I took a screenshot of the game last night, but I lost it as I forgot to paste it immediately into MS Paint. I made the mistake of forgetting I took the shot, then copying and pasting something else, then remembering the screenshot. Poor me. Poor you! Now you can't enjoy my greatness!

Bye for now. And remember, always lead running terrorists.

1 comment:

Daddy Cool said...

It was a blast...thanks for showing up buddy :)