Thursday, March 13, 2008

Insert Title Here

You see, the problem with writing a blog is that everyone expects you to keep it updated. This can be an issue when you really have nothing to say or when the life you lead is uneventful. It could be argued that one could make their life eventful for the sake of amusing the blogging masses, but that would require more effort than that person is willing to put forth. Then again, I guess it would depend on what it is that can be more eventful. I might have to get off my rear end.

I wrote a lot when I first made this blog. Look at that. 67 entries in 2007. It's hardly what some of those veteran bloggers do, but I have to work on occasion, so that cuts down on my sit down and type time. Those people are also usually so concerned with politics or movie stars that they lose the personal touches a blog can have. Who cares what Jessica Alba for for lunch today. I don't want to read that. I do, however, want to know that little Johnny down the road from you shot himself in the foot with a nail gun after falling off the roof. It's those little local and personal things that attract me. Not Hollywood. Or Washington DC.

It's a shame that people that of the 4 people that read my blog, only one of them can actually respond to my hockey comments with an real knowledge. Maybe two. Janne, being Swedish, is naturally knowledgeable about Peter Forsberg and the sort, but how much he actually follows hockey is beyond me. I have no clue. This statistic hinders what I can write about. I only know so much and eventually, I will run out of original things to say. Then again, I'm sure this very blog has been written by someone else, somewhere in the world. I've lost originality and I haven't even finished writing.

Tomorrow is Friday. Rejoice! This is a happy time. Weekends, though short, are quite welcome in this corner of the world. There's nothing like getting up at 7am on Saturday morning and flipping on the morning cartoons while you munch down on a bowl of Lucky Charms. I don't do either, mind you, but the point remains. Weekends are fun.

My music of choice at the moment is actually something out of the norm for me. The noise blasting through my headphones and into my ears is actually something that could only be described as heavy metal/rock. Shocking, I know, especially given my utter dislike for rock-ish style music. (Or any music for that reason, I suppose. My palate of tolerable music is quite bland, I assure you.)

There's a hockey game on. That takes precedence over this. Hej då.

No comments: