Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's a new year!

It's 2008! Time flies when you're having fun. I like new years. It's a fresh new year. It's a fresh new start. Time to make things different and better than years past.

Well, let's see. I bought myself a PlayStation 3. Pricey, yes, but well worth the money I spent. I got three games to go along with it: Resistance: Fall of Man, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Assassin's Creed. All three simply blow my mind. Graphics-wise, gameplay, everything. They are simply amazing. They all run in Hi-Def on my 50" plasma. It's so beautiful. I weep tears of happyness whenever I fire up a game and play.

Assassin's Creed, my brother told me, was very irritating and boring because you have to do the same thing for every mission you get, but he was sadly mistaken (and so are those who wrote the review on it). AC is an amazing game. The graphics are top notch, the fighting system is second to none, and just the gamplay in general is fantastic. The only qualm I have about it is the storyline and the rather religious (or rather anti-Christian) aspect of the game. That's just my personal feeing, though. I still enjoy the game immensely.

CoD4 is very short, but still very fun. Once again, the graphics blew my mind and it was a ton of fun. The online play, which I've dabbled in a few times (though my internet likes to cut out in the middle of playing...), takes a lot of getting used to, but that's because you start out with cruddy weapons and have to earn your ranks to get better things.

Resistance was amazing, graphics-wise, and it was a great game for me to play first and test out the capabilities of the PS3. It set the standard for all the other games (which, wonderfully, met the bar and sometimes exceeded). I always love a good FPS, and Resistance delivered.

Anyway, that's all for now. Happy New Year!

No comments: