Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Not wasting any time!

Boy, event planners of 2008 aren't wasting any time getting things moving, are they? Right off the bat, we have state caucuses for the US Presidential race, then we have Iranian speedboats foolishly (nay, idiotically) harassing US warships, and then here in Florida we have a 70 car pileup due to a combination of fog and smoke (the smoke coming from a "controlled" burn that suddenly went out of control).

Now, only one of these items isn't bad. Well, I suppose that depends on how you look at it, lol, but only two of them could have (or in the case of #3, DID) taken lives. Still, though, despite the bleak outlook at the start of a fresh new year, this year looks to be quite eventful. Eventful = Great! Life gets boring. World news is fun. I know it could be better world news, but it's still news and it's new. New is exciting. Good or bad.

Honestly, I've never voted, but I'm an unnofficial republican. Why? I like the name better than democrat... and I'd rather be an elephant than a jacka... er... Well, a donkey. I don't know who I'd vote for, though. I suppose if I had to pick right now, I'd vote for either John McCain or Rudy Guiliani (though the latter will probably not make it to the final race). If neither one winds up on the final ballot, I hope it's Mike Huckabee. Despite his tax issues, I have no real issue with him.

Despite who wins, though, I hope it's not Hillary. I have no problem whatsoever about a female being president. Men and women are equal. I just don't want that woman to be Hillary. I don't want her running the country for another 8 years (do you really think it was Bill for 8 years before? If so, pass the weed, bro.). I'm not sure how I feel about Obama. My biggest issue with him is that he's a Muslim. I'm sorry, but I don't want a Muslim running this nation. The fact that he's black has no bearing on my feelings. Like with women, black people are equal to everyone else and have just as much right to be a president as anyone else, but the fact that Mr. Obama is a Muslim deep down worries me. The United States was founded on Christian principles... I don't want to start seeing Qurans being sold at the local book store.

Before I get myself into more trouble for that entire paragraph, I'll move on the idiots that run Iran. I'm sorry, but do you really think harassing US warships is a good idea? I italicize the word warships for emphasis. They are WARships. These destroyers could have obliterated those Iranian speed boats at the dock before anyone had a chance to throw on a life jacket. They chose not to. In fact, Iran is only still around because we don't feel like taking the time to blast them into oblivion. The Iranian president, whose name I can't be bothered to remember or even spell for that matter, once said that he would wipe Israel from the face of the planet. Well, paco, we can wipe YOU from the face of the planet. It would be much less stressful for the rest of the world, too. It's one less scumbag wreaking havoc for everyone else unfortunate enough to be in the neighborhood of the Middle East.

Iran is obviously a terrorist country. It always has been. It just doesn't have the balls to step up and challenge the United States outright. So it resorts to petty little threats and speedboats. Come on, you pansies. If you have a problem with the US, come out and say it, step up, and do something about it, or sit down and shut yer yaps before we decide you're annoying enough to remove you from power. It can and would be done.

Iran is not a big enough threat to the world that we couldn't simply squeeze them to death with no more effort than it takes to pop a zit. They should realize that.

Anyway, that's enough about world events. It did give me something to write about, though, so that's a good thing. I've been rather quiet lately as a result of nothing interesting going on.

There was a 70 (though reports currently say 50) car pileup here in Florida this morning. Nasty stuff. 8 people confirmed dead and I'm sure there are still people trapped in their vehicles. Yuck. I'm glad I didn't have to take that road to work. I'd still be trying to get to work!

That's all for now.

No comments: